Scientific Computing using Matlab, Modelling and Design
- Revision of core mathematical techniques relevant to modelling in the life sciences, and basic introduction to scientific computing;
- stochastic simulation, and numerical solution techniques in continuous mathematics;
- programming in the MATLAB environment;
- Applications in the interface between the physical sciences and biology.
- introduction to MATLAB and data analysis;
- Basic calculus in MATLAB;
- linear algebra;
- ordinary differential equations;
- GUIs and writing good programs;
- Mathematical modelling of different types such as static network models, stoichiometric networks and dynamic modelling of gene, metabolic and signalling systems.
- It will also discuss the number and types of “biological dials” that can be designed to modify gene circuits to specification.
- profiling your code;
- Speeding up your code;
- and group projects.